Sunday, February 10, 2008

Regaining my power, sanity, faith, & strenght by going directly back to where I took my first steps





It's so funny what a difference a day makes! Yesterday the word exhaustion was all I could write to describe my day at a film set in Ghana .

The City of Accra, I guess is much like every city with it's chaos, superficiality, un-cleanliness & just insane energy that keeps you on the edge or in a constant battle! The traffic & extreme defensive driving here surpasses LA & any place i know that is known for their traffic. Let's not even talk about the exhaust fumes from cars, burning tires & plastics that is choking the air & life out of this city, yet everyone seems to think all the birth defects & illnesses stem from some sort of voodoo instead of the obvious environmental hazards that is suffocating this city!

Today I really went back to my roots by going up to the mountains of Awukuga, where I basically grew up as a baby with my grandmother. The air was clean, the mountains were beautiful, the people where peaceful, the food was delicious & inexpensive, the service was excellent & gracious, the streets were clean, and there was no traffic, fights or anything to remind me of any of my bad experiences in Accra. I had promised to go to a soccer academy in a town that was basically a walk away from the town I grew up in . I really didn't have any idea that I would be going to my family's hometown today because I was not really sure where the soccer academy was located. It was an absolutely amazing day of seeing kids that grew up where I did, wanting to learn from me & my crew about what we do and just being in the beautiful picturesque peaceful place that I remembered as a child- & have always kept with me of my GHANA or Africa! To have the opportunity to be able to be some sort of role model & to feel like I was actually doing something that is or could be helpful, made all the ups & downs that I have had disappear! I learned so much about myself, the people that I came with, where I came from, and just life! I recognized exactly what global fusion is all about & the need for "each one teach one " on a global scale! I went back to my beginnings and received the power, revitalized energy, awakening & release that I needed to continue my mission to live out Nkrumah's "forward ever, backward never" with, thru, and for Ghana, our global community & myself! I am ecstatic that I came on this mission, came with a specifically chosen crew and feel great about what is to come, what life has in store, and my desire to never stop fighting for what I know it can be!! Win or lose on the soccer field I am a proud Ghanaian, and I am proud of us as a people! Talking & Looking thru those children's eyes , I saw their curiosity and the idea that they wanted achievement not only for their own success & superficial benefit, but for the benefit of Family! This is the Ghana that I know & love & will continue to push to maintain & bring to the forefront!!

Today I feel ELATION!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home